We are a highly aggressive and growing civil construction, waste management, and material recycling company in search of a Civil Construction Estimator Professional.
With sites across the lower mainland, and a significantly increased role in current and upcoming infrastructure and pipeline projects, we have an immediate need to bolster our bench strength to keep up with demand. If you thrive in a busy, fast paced, and dynamic environment, we would like to hear from you! We are looking for a true high performer, who thrives in a team environment, and take tremendous pride in their work.
- The role includes responding to internal and external requests for proposals, construction and consulting budgets and cost estimates; reviewing estimates, budgets and proposals prepared by Projects and Operations and Managers and ensuring all proposals comply with our risk management policies. In this position you will work primarily with the owner
- Preparation of Rates/Cost estimates
- Preparation of cost proposals and construction to both internal and external clients.
- Review of estimates prepared by other Project and Construction Managers.
- Review of contractual agreements, terms and conditions for subcontracts, major supply agreements and client contracts.
- Preparation of construction schedules using precedence network scheduling methods.
You will have a background in:
- Qualification in civil engineering or related discipline with 2 plus years relevant work experience in civil construction, cost estimating, cost consulting, scheduling, and cost control.
- Well-versed in Prime/General Contractor Health & Safety requirements, and project General Conditions.
- Knowledge of standard project management software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, etc.)
- Your benefits will include: • Competitive benefits and remuneration packages Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment • Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- Collaborate with management to identify upcoming projects and opportunities
- Develop contract proposals to support organizational goals and objectives
- Review contract estimates, including proposed materials and production costs
- Track, report, and administer current project applications and proposals with stakeholders
- Lead compilation of contract letters, proposals, responding to various RFQ’s/RFP’s and other solicitations
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers and customers
Support data and information gathering, as well as the production of estimates and proposals
- Support data and information gathering, as well as the production of estimates and proposals
Identify and communicate internal requirements necessary to comply with contractual obligations
- Assist in the coordination of deliverables on various projects
- Collaborate with internal and external customers as required
- Assist in development and distribution of action plans, monitoring timelines, and deliverable milestones
- Additional duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years previous civil construction contact experience
- University Degree or technical diploma in Business Administration
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Must have excellent analytical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn quickly, driven and motivated to be involved, self starter, very organized and detail oriented
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, with emphasis on excel and power point
Please submit CV Your benefits will include: • Competitive benefits and remuneration packages, please submit salary expectations. Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment • Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
This is an immediate hire.